Sunday, June 08, 2008

Kaya Scodelario




For any of you who are familiar with the UK Teen Drama "Skins", you will recognise this model is none other than "Effy" from Skins! I always thought she had a very interesting, beautiful face and could easily be a model and Models1 obviously picked up on this aswell as they signed the 5'6 actress to their agency. However now she is a model I'm unsure about whether it works. She looks great in the photographs that is undeniable and with her skills as an actress she can convey all that drama & expression vital for photographs but I feel rather than thinking "Oh wow that model looks great..." I just think "Oh look it's Effy from Skins". The whole actress and proffesional high fashion model I think is always flawed as the best models stick to what they do best: model. And the actresses stick to what they do best: act.

Kaya is a beauty the whole affair seems rather too...familiar.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, although I can very well understand what you mean, in this case I cannot quite agree. I know Skins and was very in love with Effy, however, when I have seen the photos I did not instantly recognized her, but still thought the model extremely pretty. Only after a few seconds I thought I know that girl, and was wondering where from. I did not know, though, if I knew her from acting or modeling, so I think it still works. Could be only me, though.

10:41 AM  
Blogger FASHION CHALET said...

thanks for your comment,
i find your blog inspiring!! :)

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is stunning! worth watching skins just for her!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Become a fan of Kaya on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaya-Scodelario/42625679920

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's hot -- takes pictures really well.

2:51 PM  
Blogger me_as_me said...

I think Kaya is beautiful and it would be a dream just to speak to her. I would love to get to know the real Kaya than the effy that everyone knows but i guess that aint ever going to happen

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember she is still only 17. She still has to grow up some.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the one below me. This girl was born to model! as well as act. The best way to make the best icon out of someone is to start them while they're young, and Kaya's just the girl to do it ;) I will always be a fan of her and I hope that she will always go the distance for fame!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like the first picture of her. Shes disgustingly thin. However shes very pretty.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home