Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Style Sensation

Beautiful at the Baftas
The tailoring of this dress is dreamy. It reminds me of the princess dresses in my childhood fairytale books.
Pretty as a flower in a white Chanel dress
Matthew Williamson & Thandie work some magic

Lovely splash of colour & use of lace

The LBD of my dreams

Tie-Dye. Another of Thandie's beautiful black & pink combinations

Of late I have really been inspired by what older women wear for some obscure reason (maybe my dress sense has matured?) Being a adolescent going on adult, most would look to 20 something year olds and other people around their age but recently I find women in their thirties Thandie Newton, Daphne Guiness & Sarah Michelle Parker far more appealing.


I was intially going to do a post on Daphne Guiness but there is a lack of photographs around her on the web for me to do a reasonable sized posted with all her marvellous outfits so instead I'm focusing on Thandie Newton, a British born actress whose style I have really grown to appreciate of late.She has poise, elegance and grace with a soft and delicate manner. She is also very beautiful & frail. At the red carpet I rarely see her looking badly dressed and her choice of dresses definitely deserves all the praise they should get.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw...I have always really like her. She's so cute and she's a great actress.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, didnt see another way to contact you. I was wondering if you offer any advertising opportunities on your blog. Let me know. :)

We should exchange blog roll links!

-Evette

5:45 PM  
Blogger Times of Glory said...

Hello, I came across your blog and it is really great! I like Thandie! She has that innocently beautiful and elegant look - pretty rare! Yes, like you said, she has a great style, very sophicated!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, she looks fabulous! She is gorgeous! Do not fret, I find some older women's style extraordinarily appealing, too, but what I mean with older is 50+! Haha, must be because fashion comes back in circles, what is old is new again, and so the story goes.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Toni Alexis said...

She is so awesome. I love her style. The Matthew Williamson dress is my fave. Would love an link exchange..your blog is great!

tonialexis.blogspot.com

tonialexis

9:24 PM  
Blogger EvaAmarri said...

She is such a well dressed woman. She is such a good actress

11:58 PM  
Blogger Hunters Glory said...

love the blog!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thandie Newton's one of my all-time favs! She's so sinewy, but in a natural way, that's amazing!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yup I officially love Thandie and her fabulous dresses.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home