Monday, June 16, 2008

Andy's Girls




I must admit that I have mixed feelings about this photoshoot; shot by Jason Kibbler for the June/July 2008 Edition of "Interview" magazine.At first the prospect excited me as I adore the whole factory girl era and Warhol's muses- Edie Sedgwick in particular. I feel this shoot however successfully does and does not capture that Warhol scene.
Aggy makes a very convincing Warhol but the blonde Edie pictures are....not so convincing I suppose. The latter photograph of a brunette Edie modelling her trade mark large, dangly earrings is believeable however. Warhol's muse from the "Velvet Underground" is kind of captured in the shoot but there is a noticeable contrast between the model and Warhol's original muse.

Is it just me? Don't get me wrong I love the idea of the whole shoot I just feel it doesn't convey as successfully as it could have that particular era.

11 Comments:

Blogger geri hirsch said...

i agree with you and i love the idea too. did you see the interview with marc jacobs and the interview team on charlie rose? was really interesting to hear about the mag and the shoot, blah blah.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Molly :] said...

I think it was a good idea, and i think the pictures turned out well, but i do think they could have done a better job of making it more about Warhol.
Great post :) x

8:20 PM  
Blogger Style On Track said...

I agree with you completely, nice idea but not quite complete ;)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Vain and Vapid said...

I love the idea behind this editorial but there are so many people hopping on the Warhol bandwagon lately. I guess everyone is fascinated by him and that time period. Agy looks great, I had to do a double take.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thankss i will add you now as well :)

12:09 AM  
Blogger An Upstart said...

Well, I think it's the whole "Idea v. Execution" dilemma. Great idea, poor execution. I agree with you that the whole mood of The Factory is not captured in this photoshoot.

Personally, I think the movie Factory Girl starring Siena Miller has eerily duplicated that era.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

your blog is great :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger RainCooper said...

I agree with you. Its okay and the concept is good but I think they could have pushed it more.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Astanaz Box said...

I am a huge fan of Edie Sedgwick ever since i watched the movie 'factory girl' with Sienna Miller playing Sedgwick. In the movie they captured the whole scene amazingly. However i agree that this photo shoot is very disappointing.

I really recommend watching the film!

5:12 PM  
Blogger AMIT said...

This are just lovely pictures.

Lingerie directory

2:17 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

ultra boost
supreme hoodie
air max 2019
adidas tubular
supreme outlet
golden gooses sneakers
lebron 17
nike air max 270
louboutin shoes uk
yeezy

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home